Make Ice Cream Bowls with this Mini Waffle Bowl Maker
Homemade Vanilla Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
This recipe for Homemade Vanilla Caramel Ice Cream is ideal for a hot summer day. The rich caramel flavor complements the classic vanilla ice cream perfectly.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Over medium heat, combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is a deep amber color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream carefully.
- Take care because the mixture will begin to bubble.
- Heat the milk in a separate saucepan until it is hot but not boiling.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and salt in a medium mixing bowl until pale in color.
- Pour the hot milk into the egg yolks slowly, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, strain the custard through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Incorporate the vanilla extract.
- Place the bowl in an ice bath and stir until the custard has reached room temperature.
- Refrigerate the bowl for at least 4 hours, or overnight, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- In an ice cream maker, churn the custard according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Ice Cream Accessories
Salt and Straw Ice Cream Cookbook
Nostalgia 4-Quart Vintage Electric Ice Cream Maker
Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream Book
Cuisinart Mix-It-In Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Egg Liqueur Recipe
Homemade Ice Cream with Whipped Cream and Sprinkles Recipe
Homemade Ice Cream with Oatmeal Recipe
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe