Over 500 Recipes For Making Ice Creams, Sorbets and Granitas, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Espresso Ice Cream Recipe
This rich and creamy homemade espresso ice cream is a coffee lover's dream. It's the perfect balance of sweet and bitter, made with heavy cream, whole milk, and instant espresso powder. The addition of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt enhances the flavor. Best of all, it's simple to make and doesn't require any special equipment. (other than an ice cream maker).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Combine the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, instant espresso powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir occasionally over medium heat until the sugar and espresso powder have dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl until pale yellow and slightly thickened.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while whisking constantly.
- Return the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture, constantly stirring.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In an ice cream maker, churn the mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions until it has thickened and is the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.
- Freeze the ice cream in a freezer-safe container for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Ice Cream Accessories
The Complete Cuisinart Homemade Ice Cream Book
Sweet Spot Ice Cream Roller Maker
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Cookbook
Instant Ice Cream Maker
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Sprinkles Recipe
Homemade Dulce De Leche Ice Cream with Almonds and Oreos Recipe
Homemade Teaberry Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream with Whipped Cream Recipe