Make Delicious and Creamy Homemade Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt with this Easy-to-Use Appliance from Cuisinart
Homemade Chocolate and Chocolate Chips Ice Cream Recipe
This rich and decadent Homemade Chocolate and Chocolate Chips Ice Cream recipe is ideal for any chocolate lover. For an extra chocolatey treat, it's made with a creamy chocolate base and studded with semisweet chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Combine the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, whisking occasionally, over medium heat until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl until light and frothy.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while constantly whisking.
- Return the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan along with the remaining cream mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely before refrigerating it for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Add the chocolate chips to the ice cream in the last few minutes of churning.
- Freeze the ice cream in a freezer-safe container for 2-4 hours, or until firm.
Ice Cream Accessories
Ice Cream Maker Attachment Cookbook
Sweet Spot Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Cuisinart Ice Cream Recipe Book
2023 Ninja Creami Cookbook
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Walnut Ice Cream in a Waffle Bowl Recipe
Homemade Froot Loops Berry Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Walnuts, Brownies on a Bubble Waffle Cone Recipe
Homemade Ice Cream With Sprinkles Recipe