Old-Fashioned All-American Treats For Your Ice Cream Maker, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Ube Purple Yam Ice Cream Recipe
This authentic and delicious homemade ube ice cream is made with real ube jam or ube halaya. The combination of heavy cream, whole milk, and sugar creates a creamy and sweet base that complements the distinct flavor of ube perfectly. This ice cream is delicious on its own or as a topping for your favorite desserts.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Combine the ube jam or halaya, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the ube is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the mixture, covered, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's directions.
- This should take between 20 and 25 minutes.
- Freeze the ice cream in a freezer-safe container for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Ice Cream Accessories
Cuisinart Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Maker
The Perfect Scoop
Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker For Gelato, Milkshakes, Sorbets and Smoothie Bowls
Salt and Straw Ice Cream Cookbook
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Oreo Cookies Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Oat Milk Ice Cream with Peanuts Recipe