Make Homemade Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, Sorbets or Sherbets in as Little as 20 Minutes
Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
Enjoy this rich and creamy homemade rocky road ice cream with walnuts, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Combine the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until the sugar and cocoa powder are completely dissolved and the mixture is warm but not hot.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Whisk in about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture gradually, then return the egg mixture to the saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, over medium heat until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before chilling for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In an ice cream maker, churn the mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Add the chopped walnuts, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips in the last few minutes of churning.
- Freeze the ice cream in a freezer-safe container for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
Ice Cream Accessories
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Dash Mini Waffle Bowl Maker For Ice Cream
Hello, My Name Is Ice Cream
Double Waffle Bowl Maker For Serving Ice Cream
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Coconut and Raspberries Recipe
Homemade Vanilla Sprinkles Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Oreo and Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe