200 Recipes For Homemade Ice Creams, Sorbets, Gelatos and Granitas, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
This rich and creamy homemade dark chocolate ice cream has a deep chocolate flavor. It's ideal for chocolate fans.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture reaches a simmer.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Pour about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while whisking constantly.
- Return the egg mixture to the saucepan along with the remaining cream mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the mixture into a large mixing bowl using a fine-mesh sieve.
- Refrigerate the bowl for at least 2 hours, or until completely cold, covered with plastic wrap.
- In an ice cream maker, churn the mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 2 hours, or until firm, in a freezer-safe container.
Ice Cream Accessories
The Complete Cuisinart Homemade Ice Cream Book
Sweet Spot Ice Cream Roller Maker
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Cookbook
Instant Ice Cream Maker
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Mulberry Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Maple Ice Cream with Chocolate Syrup Recipe
Homemade Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel Buckwheat Toppings Recipe