The Best Make-It-Yourself Recipe Book for Ice Creams, Sorbets and Sundaes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
This recipe combines vanilla and chocolate flavors into one delicious ice cream. The custard base is rich and creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness, while the bittersweet chocolate balances it out.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl until pale and thick.
- Whisk constantly as you slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Take care not to allow it to boil.
- Pour the mixture into a clean mixing bowl and add the vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In an ice cream maker, churn the mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt the chopped bittersweet chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth.
- When the ice cream is almost done, drizzle in the melted chocolate slowly, allowing it to create ribbons throughout the ice cream.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Ice Cream Accessories
Double Waffle Bowl Maker For Serving Ice Cream
The Complete Cuisinart Homemade Ice Cream Book
Sweet Spot Ice Cream Roller Maker
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Cookbook
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Oreo and Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Mulberry Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Maple Ice Cream with Chocolate Syrup Recipe
Homemade Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe