Old-Fashioned All-American Treats For Your Ice Cream Maker, Shipped Right to Your Door
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream with Peanut Toppings Recipe
The rich, creamy flavor of homemade chocolate ice cream is enhanced by the perfect crunch of peanut toppings. This recipe is sure to please both chocolate and peanut lovers.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Over medium heat, whisk together heavy cream, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl until pale yellow and slightly thickened.
- To temper the eggs, slowly pour about 1 cup of the warm cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Return the tempered egg mixture to the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before transferring to an ice cream maker and freezing according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Add chopped peanuts to the ice cream maker during the last minute of churning and mix them in.
- Place the ice cream in a container and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
Ice Cream Accessories
Cuisinart Mix-It-In Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Dash Mini Waffle Bowl Maker For Ice Cream
Hello, My Name Is Ice Cream
Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Vanilla and Cookies Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Coconut and Raspberries Recipe
Homemade Vanilla Sprinkles Ice Cream Recipe